Flexible Cancellation Program for Property Managers
Offer Free Cancellation to Guests
Protect Your Revenue & Your Owner’s Revenue
Enhance Guest Satisfaction
Improve OTA Placement
Flexible Cost Structure
Interested in Learning More About Master Cancel?
Thanks for your interest! Fill in the details below and set up a free consult.
How Does Master Cancel Work
- Property Managers enroll in Master Cancel and update their booking cancellation terms & conditions to provide flexible cancellation options to every guest.
- Guests may cancel for any reason from 60 days up to and including 2 days before check in date.
- The flexible cancellation terms & conditions must be included with every paid booking in your portfolio.
- Property Managers receive lost revenue from cancelled bookings in certain date ranges:
- Protects cancellations within date range from 60 days up to and including 2 days prior to check-in date.
- Does not protect 1 day before check in date or day of check in date cancellations.
- Example: For a check in on Saturday, Guests could cancel up to Thursday, but not Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
How much does the program cost and who pays for it
- The cost of the program is a fixed percentage (%) applied to all paid bookings.
- Cost is based on underwriter analysis of your specific historical cancellation data.
- Property Managers simply choose the fees they want to protect (lodging, admin/resort fee, taxes, etc.). Some Property Managers just protect the lodging, while others include much more.
- Flexibility on what can and cannot be included also depends on the software provider you use. Master Cancel % charge is calculated by multiplying the fee x the items you want to protect.
- Once the program is activated and a booking is made, the Master Cancel premium is paid and treated as an operating expense. If a guest has to cancel from 60 days up to and including 2 days prior to check in date, the property manager simply issues a refund to the guest and then files a claim to recover their protected amount.
- By implementing the Master Cancel program, Property Managers are protecting the revenue earned from unexpected events while delivering peace of mind so their guests can book with confidence.