Can I just pass along the entire cost to the guest as a line item?
- No, because Master Cancel protects the property manager and is not sold to the guest. A specific line item 5% charge labeled as a “Master Cancel fee” or “Cancellation fee” is not permitted.
- However, Property Managers can recoup the cost associated with the program from a few different ways:
- Raise the ADR (Average Daily Rate) on lodging costs/base rent;
- Incorporate a flat rate or percentage rate admin/resort/management/cleaning fee to all bookings;
- Increase an already existing admin/resort/management/cleaning fee to all bookings.